According to Streaming Media, video streaming will account for 82% of all global internet traffic by 2022. Consumer demand for watching – and even producing – videos, continues to take over social platforms like Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram. However, this consumption isn’t just happening at home. Employees demand consistency in communication both in and out of their professional lives. If they’re watching videos this much outside of work, the need for videos in the office is just as high.
To get you started on including video within your internal communications strategy, we’ve collected a list of statistics proving its worth:
General video consumption statistics
- Adults in the US will spend 2 hours and 29 minutes per day viewing digital video each day this year (Source: eMarketer)
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (Source: Biteable)
- Over 2.3 billion people worldwide use YouTube once a month. (Source: Global Media Insight)
- Snapchat’s 280 million daily active users send 5 bill snaps every day. (Source: Omnicore)
- Using “video” in an email subject line boost CTR rates by 65% (Source: CampaignMonitor)
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound (Source: Digiday)
- 80% of video marketers claim that video has directly increased sales. (Source: HubSpot)
Employee engagement and mobile video statistics
- 63% of all video viewing is now happening on mobile. (Source: Smart Insights)
- Ad spending on mobile video will reach $157 billion by 2023. (Source: Mobile Marketing Trends)
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (Source: Wyzowl)
- 88% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. (Source: Smart Insights)
- 99% of marketers are using video in their campaigns (Source: Oberlo)
As the evolution of communication technology continues, companies must be one step ahead in their strategy. The line between personal entertainment and professional education continues to blur. We see the use of video content all over our social channels, but it won’t be long until your employees need that same visual education and engagement within your organization. With the latest technology and tools available today, it’s also easier than ever to produce and publish video content – take advantage of that!
We’re doing this on a regular basis here at Firstup for our team, and we see a massive increase in engagement when it is video-based content.
If you want to get the attention of your employees, increase engagement, as well as boost external brand marketing, video will continue to be the preferred method of education, and mobile will be their top way of consuming content.
5 signs it’s time for an employee mobile app
Download our comprehensive guide to why it might be time for a mobile workforce management solution at your organization.